Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Going to be an exciting week

This is going to a great week! I bought a nice 3rd Party Battery Grip(Phottix) and a battery for my 550D.And some Eneloops to be used for my flashgun. I've always wanted to get a BG because portrait shooting will be much easier having not to bend your arm to take such shots, and also a Battery Grip can store 2 batteries which means you can shoot much longer now? I took around 300+ RAW shots during the recent Kuala Lumpur International Motor Show 2010 and the battery bar didn't even drop! Imagine how many shots i can get with 2 batteries fully charged?

Eneloops! Heard about this brand before i just got my DSLR. It isn't cheap by the way....around RM55 for a pack of 4 rechargeable batteries. It's supposed to be very good, and can last a long time and even after 3 years, it's supposedly able to retain 75% of it's original capacity. So yeah, I got a pack for my flashgun so that when going for event shooting, I know it'll be able to last the entire day with that super high 2000 mAh charge capacity.View here for more details:

http://www.eneloop.info/home/the-new-improved-eneloop.html

Oh forgot to mention, you can get it off Lowyat forums through Garage Sales section. Tons of stuff there, cheaper than shops you get in KL.Check it out.. http://forum.lowyat.net/PhotographyAccessories

I'll be getting the batteries tomorrow morning when I COD with the seller,opted out postage because i wanted to get it quickly LOL. Hopefully my BG will be arriving tomorrow also,but it's a Public Holiday....so yeah..might have to wait until Wednesday =( By Wednesday night, i should have all my gears prepared already for Thurday's trip to KLIMS again =D This time fully equiped with a EOS 550D attached with BG and 2 batteries + 50 f/1.8 lens+ 18-55 IS+ Nissin Di622 with Eneloops =) I'll be using the 50mm lens most of the time due to the wide aperture of f/1.8 which gives me a lot of more stops of shutter speed compared to the 18-55 which i can only get f/3.5 to f/5.6 . Plus, this lens gives you shallow Depth Of Field or better known as "Bokeh" which isolates the subject by blurring the background. Examples of shots that i took during my first KLIMS trip:



And the rest of my entries are in the right side column in my flickr. Do comment and critique where ever needed =)

Then there's the Digital IT Lifestyle going on in the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre(KLCC) from 10-12 Dec. Will definitely go this Friday to get more experience using my flashgun. The E-TTL of the Nissin isn't that accurate from what i tried so far, sometimes giving overexposed or underexposed pictures. It doesn't fire at times when it's ready(indicated by the green colour) and also it doesn't secure tightly to my hot shoe even after tightening it tightly. So many complains just after 1 trip with it eh..? That's why I'm giving it another go for this week, during the IT Lifestyle and yeah.... Saturday's street shooting with Lowyat forum Photography kaki, definitely won't miss this as I've never been to a TT session before and I've always wanted to try out some nice and lovely L lenses

So yeah...I think that's about it for this week. Might be tiring a bit but hopefully full of fun indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment