Sunday, March 6, 2011

Shooooooting Birdies!

The Bird Park. Never thought that I'll come here for shooting.

As you see, they're the naughty kind. Constantly moving around, the type that never sit still. Heck, it's gonna be one tough day trying to shoot em' and to make matters worse, I don't have a telephoto lens

Anyway, today's trip is a photoshooting one, 'organized" by Brian aka goldfries for all the LYN shooters. Was nice meeting the forumers for the first time, in person. Nice and friendly people.

Justin let me play with his Sigma 30mm *oooooomph* I've always wanted to get this lens some day. A few clicks on the shutter, bang! Awesomeness, everything was spot on. Auto Focus was quick and precise. The bokeh was excellent, and all the shots came out sharp wide open! This lens has lots of contrast, a little bit too much for my taste. Image quality is excellent, although there's some purple fringing. Which lens doesn't?

When we gathered around, we also can't help noticing a father and son combo. Yes, both with big and long lens. You know like they say, like father like son eh. Anyway, it's good to see young kids picking up photography

I think the Dad is using a 5D Mark II with a EF 180 f/3.5L macro lens while the son is using a Canon 7D with a 70-200 f/4L. Not sure whether it's the IS version or not.







Birdies were hard to shoot. Lock focus on their eyes, and the going to recompose the shot.. *pooof* they flew away or turned their head. So I learned that either I do it quickly or I choose different AF points, not the centre one.


Bird Park is a really big place and with all sorts of birds. With all the vibrant and different colours too. Sadly, I couldn't even identify any of em' except the Peacock. LOL

Funny, I can't help looking at this bird here staring at his meal being prepared. The pose, the look, the eyes staring right into his meal. By this time, birds were already crowding around, they seem to know when lunch time is served eh?


Chaotic. Used a Slow Shutter speed of 1/13 sec at f/22, ISO 100. Was bored with the usual fast shots, so I tried to do something new. This picture is of course, to show motion.


And, that's all for today' entry! Will be doing a blog post on the recent PC EXPO. Stay tuned

2 comments: